Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Saturday PM/Monday AM

[Note - I put up four or five posts today and restored the pictures to the post about Snell-Hitchcock's Headquarters from Friday which I had to remove over the weekend. Also, Libby put up an actually-important announcement from the Housing Office for any of you who wanted to change your housing preferences. Those items are all at the bottom of this page.]

At midnight on Saturday night while on campus for other reasons, I decided to check out the activity at Max P's ScavQuarters. While I knew there would be people around, I thought you might not believe me unless I provided photographic proof.

As you can see, the room is still a mess. If anything the mess gets worse and worse with each passing hour towards judgment day. There was a lot of activity both inside and out. And remember - it's Saturday night. There is no homework on Saturday night.



Daniel works on the 'strandbeest'. This item had the highest point value of any item. Since I didn't know what a 'strandbeest' was until Judgment Day, I will provide a few links. (See this for a wikipedia article, plus a cool YouTube video here and the last fifteen seconds or so of this one, plus an explanatory/technical video here.) As the judges confess in the Maroon today, they were worried that no one would build one, but in fact EVERY team did, with varying degrees of success. You will see more pictures tomorrow when I post about Judgment Day. This item is one of the coolest I have seen in seven ScavHunts.



The world's largest Newton's Cradle. At this point the 'letter to the previous record-holder' (see item 116) which earned 25 bonus points had already been written.



A pile of junk, illuminated by lights so that Scavvies can work all night long. In the foreground is trampoline Simon (item 256).



Page Captains and Team Captains confer about some important issue. At this point most of these people have not slept more than a hours since about 2:00 am on Thursday morning.



On my way out I saw this enticing bed... but decided to leave it available for a more deserving person.



Tomorrow!

JUDGMENT DAY! Including... The Wheel of Fish, Louis and Alan almost killing a tourist with a flying coke bottle, many awesome scenes... and more.