Monday, April 14, 2008

Enrollin'

Here are two notes on enrolling.

1. Do it before May 1. Because we want to be able to use the waiting list this year, and so as not to over enroll for the third year in a row, we are going to be very stingy about people who try to enroll a day late. Don't wait until the last minute! You can enroll in an instant on ThickEnvelope. If you postmark your paper forms on May 2, we may actually send them back. We may actually do it. This isn't like applying. There is no Baker Island any more.

2. A lot of people have been emailing about claiming their Chicago email address. Well, here is the link to do it. Does it work for you? I don't know if the university even knows if you've enrolled, or how they would... let me know if you're able to use this link.

3. (Bonus!) I enrolled somewhere, too! I enrolled at the University of Chicago's Harris School of Public Policy. It was very fun, though it was sad to turn down the other schools' offers. I wanted to go everywhere I was admitted, and I have to say that I was not completely ecstatic in every way like I was when I enrolled here for college. Maybe because I didn't have an amazing April Program to bolster my decision (I just had a kind of dour and weird one.) More on this later, maybe.

Or, I'll open it up for discussion. Have you enrolled somewhere? Was it sweet? Bitter? Bittersweet? Are you going to wait until the last minute? Let us know.